Today, there are many ways a couple can get married quickly and cheaply that can be unique and special. For example, couples who choose to elope, have a civil ceremony, or use an online wedding platform have found that straying away from cookie-cutter weddings can be as memorable and they can save money and only pay a fraction of the cost of a traditional wedding.
Even same-sex couples have benefited from online platforms, like Courtly, because even if your own country does not recognize same-sex marriages legal, they are still able to hold a ceremony and obtain a legal marriage certificate, valid in all 50 states of the USA.
With Courtly packages starting at only $499, marriages have become more affordable for all types of couples who are trying to get hitched on a budget. It may be challenging to plan an entire wedding economically, but with these helpful tips, you can achieve a wedding that is personal, remarkable, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
What can I do to plan a wedding cheaply?
Some things to consider for a wedding on a tight budget is to be flexible. Traditional weddings might have to succumb to expenses such as venue, catering, photography, and live music, but the options below need to be looked at more carefully, to see that they can offer the couple a remarkable wedding that they'll remember for years to come even if they don't seem conventional.
- Courthouse Wedding: Having your wedding at a courthouse is a simple and inexpensive choice. The marriage ceremony can be performed by a judge or court clerk after you have obtained a marriage license at the courthouse. This choice is usually quick and doesn't need extensive planning or preparation.
- Small Ceremony: A quick and inexpensive approach to get married is to do a short ceremony with only close friends and family members. By limiting the number of guests, you can reduce the cost of catering, venue rental, and other costs.
- Get Married During the Week: In contrast to weekends, which are typically in high demand, many wedding vendors provide discounts for weddings performed during the week. You can save a lot of money and possibly have more vendor options if you get married during the week.
- DIY wedding: Making your own invites, decorations, and table centerpieces will help you save a ton of money. A DIY wedding can be a creative and entertaining way to wed quickly and affordably. There are many tools you can use today to help you make things things like your wedding invitations or decorations. Tutorials from YouTube can even help you make your wedding souvenirs.
- Contemplate Getting Married Off-Season: You can save money on venue rentals, food, and other costs by getting married off-season, which is typically November through April. Also, as vendors might be more available during the off-season, you might have more freedom when making reservations.
These options are only some ways you can cut the bill and save a lot of money. Using an online platform like Courtly can not only make your ceremony more affordable, but it can also help take away the headaches of planning the wedding and filling out the paperwork. The Courtly team takes care of the bureaucracy and documentation for you. It's a simple online application and the hardest part is picking the time and date. Couples don't even need to be in the same country in order for them to take part in a ceremony that is recognized valid in all 50 states of the USA. It is also a quicker option to a traditional wedding as most couples using the Courtly platform can be wed 24 hours after the application process is completed.
How to get married quickly
Most traditional weddings can take months or even years to plan. Trying to create the most ideal scenarios takes a lot of work and planning, but if you want a quicker option to hold your ceremony, below are a list of things to take into mind.
- Pick a date and a location - Pick a date and a location for your wedding so that you can plan ahead and move the process along quickly. Select a date that will give you time to plan, but not so much time that you will put off or put off doing the things you need to do to prepare for your ceremony.
- Decide on the time frame and location - Determine when and where you would like to get married in order to plan efficiently and expedite the process. Choose a date that gives you time to plan but not too far ahead that you delay and drag your feet at the necessary things you have to complete for your ceremony.
- Get a marriage license – This is typically quick and simple to do at your neighborhood county clerk's office. Make sure to confirm the specifications for your particular state or county.
- Keep things simple - Rather than having a complicated ceremony, choose a small, private one. Eliminate unnecessary elements from the wedding, such as ornate food items, expensive décor, and an excessive number of bridesmaids and groomsmen. This will simplify the planning process and reduce expenditures.
- Choose a venue wisely - Select a venue that is affordable and available for your preferred date and time. Sometimes, being flexible and choosing to hold your wedding during a weekday, instead of a weekend, can also save you money. Keep in mind, booking a venue during holidays is also going to increase the bill so instead, choose a day that is equally meaningful for you and your loved one.
- Consider enlisting the help of family and friends - They can help with things like décor, transportation, photography, and music or entertainment. With the assistance of family and friends, you may delegate work, save money, and make the event more special by allowing your loved ones to participate more fully and take a bigger part in your wedding.
- Hire a professional celebrant or wedding planner - This may not be the most cost-effective alternative but using a professional celebrant or wedding planner can help relieve some of the stress associated with arranging and executing the ceremony while ensuring that everything goes as planned. If you're attempting to arrange your ceremony and you don't have much time, hiring a professional can help you by relieving the stress and giving you more time to focus on the essential things, like spending time with your fiance.
If the task of planning out your wedding still seems daunting even with these helpful tips, try enlisting the help of the Courtly. They allow couples to get married in as little as 24 hours after the application is completed. Courtly facilitates weddings no matter what kind of citizenship the couple may have. Couples can join the ceremony from all around the world, even if they are not located in the same country. They can facilitate ceremonies for same-sex couples, military couples, or incarcerated ones. It's the most hassle-free, affordable and fast way to get married in this day and age.